Saturday, October 14, 2017
Register for the October PDX here: msreg.com/pdx-fall
Cost available on their website
Just around the corner is our annual Fall Color Tour based out of Tofte, MN!
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, September 29-October 1
Contact John Dixon at email@example.com to RSVP for our lunch count (this year we will be at the Gunflint Lodge!)
- Friday Night Social – Party Room at Blue Fin Bay: bring a sweet or savory to share
- Saturday morning meet at Coho Cafe for our driving instructions and ‘get in line!’
- Sightseeing and a stop in Grand Marais for shopping, etc, On to the Gunflint Trail where we will lunch at The Gunflint Lodge
- Saturday evening dinner plans are ‘on your own’
- Sunday, catch a bite at the always good Coho Cafe and then take your time traveling home
Join in the fun either as a participant or a spectator – the on-track and off-track action will be exciting, fun, interesting for one and all!
July 28, 29, and 30, 2017
July 28-30, 2017
Registration for drivers: clubregistration.net
Spectators: no fee
Silent and Live Auctions to benefit Courage Kenny run Saturday afternoon
Thanks also to our 2017 sponsors: Porsche Minneapolis, Porsche St. Paul, Raymond Auto Body, and Courtney Truck Service!
Post-track event Socials in the Paddock Friday and Saturday!
Would you like to know more about Club Racing? Check out the Beginners Guide To Club Race 2017.
This year’s Club Race and Driver’s Ed weekend Don’t Miss All the Action!
√ Driver Ed sessions galore – all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday
√ Race Group session galore – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
√ Fabulous Silent Auction Benefitting Courage Kenny – Saturday afternoon
√ Our very own Exciting, Live Auction Benefitting Courage Kenny – Saturday post track
√ Track Socials – after track closes
√ Cost – NO admission fees ever for spectators!
√ LOTS of track-prepped P-Cars, Knowledgeable owners
√ For DE and Race participation register at: clubregistration.net
√ See you there!
The Prez Sez:
Here’s a quick summary of the 2017 All Porsche Show and Swap Meet “by the numbers”.
- 58 and 62 – temperatures at the beginning and the end of the show
- 13 and 23 – the constant and gust velocities of the wind during the event in mph
- 200+ – the number of Porsches at the event including the new Panamera and 718 Boxster (Thanks Porsche St. Paul).
- 9 – the number of race cars at the event (Thanks AutoEdge)
- 300+ – the number of attendees
- 63 – the number of online pre-registrants
- 27 – the number of volunteers without whom the event couldn’t be held
- $3,500 + – the amount raised for Courage Kenny
Thanks to all who attended and particularly the volunteers for lending their time and talents to a very successful show. Co-chairs Phil Saari and Mark Koegler are looking for some additional pictures of the event. If you have any images to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mark at 612.581.8218 in order to upload photos to a Sharefile. Watch for more about the show in upcoming issues of the Nord Stern Newsletter and Panorama Magazine.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Get your track fix and test your technical driving skills at the Nord Stern Autocross Event:
- Event will be held at the Dakota County Vo-Tech facility and is a co-event with Corvettes of Minnesota.
- Registration fee: $30 ($35 day of event). Please register early at MOTORSPORTREG.com as participation LIMITED
- Helmet and Tech form needed, On-Site Tech inspection available
Run What You Brung!
- Car classes are: Novice, Street Tire, Prepared, Stock, Pro, Street Prepared, ST, STS, SSM, STR, MOD, V, PCA
A Met Council Autocross points event!
Eventmasters: Andy Golfis, email@example.com
Location: Dakota County Technical College, 1300 145th Street East (County Road 42), Rosemount, MN 55068
Registration: 8 – 9 a.m.
2017 All Porsche Show
It’s almost June and that means that it’s time to mark your calendars for one of Nord Stern’s signature summer social events. The 2017 All Porsche Show will be held on Sunday, June 25th in Central Park in Roseville (Dale Street entrance). As part of the City’s Rosefest celebration, join over 200 other Porsche owners for some socializing, kicking the tires and just having a great time. Owners are invited to bring and display all Porsche models including cars, SUVs and even tractors! This year’s show features Porsche race cars from autocross to club racing to vintage racing. In addition to the focus on racing, we will also celebrate the 20th anniversary of the introduction of the Porsche Boxster. We’re looking to have examples on display of every year of the Boxster so drop that top and come on over!
The 2017 show will also feature a swap meet, for sale car area (Porsches only) and various vendors. The show runs from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with display parking opening at 9:00 a.m. The swap meet runs from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with setup starting at 8:00 a.m. Food will be available from Nordic Treats. All funds raised from the show will benefit the Courage Kenny Sports and Recreation Fund.
We’re excited to announce that event registration this year will be available via clubregistration.net. You’ll be able to register for the event, pay the requested donation, download and print your dashboard sign and receive a donation receipt. Registering online will simplify the check-in process and alleviate the bottleneck at the park entrance. Please visit https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/8381 for more details or use the QR code below.
If you have questions or want to volunteer to help at the event, please contact either Mark Koegler – 612.581.8218 – firstname.lastname@example.org or Phil Saari – 651.260.5665 – email@example.com